Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Netflix for Audio CDs

I recently ran across something I've been waiting for my whole life! I think it popped up in the little ads that run across the top of my gmail screen. It is called On the Go Books, and is basically Netflix for audio CDs. It works just like Netfilx - you pay a monthly fee, select a list of audio books, they send you one, you listen for as long as you like, then return it in the postage-paid mailer. This is going to save me a fortune in audio book purchases!

3 comments:

Mossman 11:17 AM  

Keith! Interesting find. A somewhat similar site you might like is Lala.com. You can trade CD's with other LaLa users for a small fee. It's not exactly the Netflix model, but there are similarities (you get sent a mailer, for example).

Richard Moss

Unknown 7:30 AM  

Keith, how about sharing what's on your wish list with some of the rest of us. And let me put in a plug for "The Big Moo." Reminds me a lot of the OLD Insight, but with the Seth Godin spin.

Anonymous 12:01 AM  

Another site with a 'netflix for audiobooks' type program...
http://www.audible.com

Haven't tried it but I have heard it promoted on various podcasts.

Every time I think about joining up, I think 'I don't have time to listen to books on CD'.
How sad is that !?