Friday, May 16, 2008

"I'm Fantastic!"

I have a goal that I've worked on for quite a few years: wherever I am, I want to be the happiest, most positive person in the room. If you know me think of the last time you asked me how I was doing - chances are I said "Fantastic!" or "Great!" or "Fabulous!".

I do that because I believe thinking it makes it so. Saying it makes it even more so. But that applies to whatever "it" is: "I'm stupid." or "I'll never get that right." are just as self-fulfilling as "I feel great!".

Henry Ford said "Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. " and you've probably heard the old saw "You are what you eat!". There is a similar and probably more important saying from Earl Nightingale called The Strangest Secret: "We become what we think about."

There are hundreds if not thousands of books on the power of positive thinking - you don't need me to tell you about them. Just try this for the next week: Anytime anyone asks you how you feel, smile and say "Great!" Whenever you catch yourself saying or thinking anything negative about yourself, just stop.

If you do that consistently for a week, I bet you see a big improvement in how you feel!

0 comments: