Saturday, June 14, 2008

Being in Awe of God


I listened to a sermon recently about how to have a better prayer life and one thing I heard that really stayed with me was how we often fail to appreciate the magnitude of God and the reverence that appreciation should generate. He compared praying and attending church to visiting the President - would we wear old clothes, take cell phone calls during dinner, or otherwise be disrespectful? Of course not, a visit like that would be a once-in-a-lifetime honor for most of us.

If that's how we'd feel about a meeting with the President, how should we feel about a meeting (prayer, church) with the creator of the universe?

I hadn't thought about it that way, but that really stuck in my mind, and I've decided that I need to show more awe toward God.

0 comments: