Monday, August 11, 2008

God is Not a God of Confusion

Have you ever thought the Bible was confusing? Hard to understand? I have, and I've heard other people say the same thing. But then I've also heard people say they think the Bible is just plain as day. What does the Bible itself say about this?

For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. - 1 Corinthians 14:33 (ESV)


Over time I've changed my mind on the confusing part. I don't understand everything it says, but I think I'm seeing more and more of the basics, and I have faith and confidence that the rest will follow.

Study of the Bible seems to be like anything else - you get out of it what you put into it (sowing & reaping). If you occasionally browse it you'll have a hard time understanding it. If you read and study it often you won't have as much trouble.

You can understand the Bible if you try. It won't be easy and it won't be fast, but if you believe what it says, you will eventually get it.

0 comments: