Monday, October 20, 2008

$20

I heard a great sermon recently about prayer. In it the speaker (Norm Webb, Jr.) made a point that I thought was worth repeating:


I see you one day and tell you that I'm a little short of cash and ask you to loan me $20. Then I avoid you for months and when I do finally see you I give you a hard luck story and ask you for $20 more. You are more hesitant but you give it to me. Same thing - I avoid you for as long as I can and then when we do meet, the first thing I do is ask you for more money. You might exclaim "Hey, is that all you want from me? Don't you care about our relationship at all?"

Ask yourself whether you are doing that with God and your prayer.


My apologies to Norm if I didn't get that exactly right. But hopefully you get the point.

0 comments: