Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Heart Condition



All I can do is thank God for the news I just received and all of you for your prayers!

Most of you know of the heart condition I've been dealing with since January. My heart function had been 20-24% (normal is 50-60%) and my aortic valve had a fairly severe leak (enough that the Dr. would have recommended surgery if my heart had been stronger).

Today I got the results of an echocardiogram that I had 3 weeks ago (after about 2 months on my meds): My heart function had risen to 40-45% and there was no sign of any problems with my aortic valve!

The Dr. said it was possible that I'll continue to improve and return to normal heart function. She did point out that this is a lifetime condition, and I'll never go off of these meds, but still, this is great news! The only restriction is that I'll pretty much always have to stay away from lifting anything over about 20 lbs, which is a pain, but overall I have to say that I'm the luckiest man in the world!

Thanks every one of you for your prayers and support - God Bless you all!

Keith



3 comments:

Unknown 9:26 AM  

AWESOME!!
Praise God for sure!
Just keep on thanking him for what he has done and will continue to do!

Unknown 2:27 PM  

Great news - I am so glad and happy and WOW - that is just wonderful.

Love you and prayers always,

Renee

Anonymous 10:22 AM  

Great update! Thanks for keeping us so up-to-date on what's happening.

20 pounds? I never would have suspected that as a limit. Oh well...stay with ultra-portable notebooks :-)